
Now that the Pirates have traded for infielder, Akinori Iwamura from the Rays, Iwamura who makes $4.85 million a year becomes the highest paid player on the Pirates.
That salary just cannot be acceptable to the Pirates.
I suspect that he will get traded shortly for prospects and maybe a bag of baseballs.
If I was Iwamura, I would not even look for an apartment. I wouldn't waste the security deposit.
He could get a nice 1 bedroom apartment for $340, but I don't know how close to the park that is. The also don't list the deposit amount.
ReplyDeleteI would be surprised if Aki is there on opening day, but if they keep him till the AS break and he stays healthy his value will go up a lot... He is a great player, but unless they bring in 6 or 7 more guys like him, he won't help them out of last place... He would be a "value" for a contender, but a waste for a losing squad.
ReplyDeleteMark,
ReplyDeleteWith the Pirates, he is going to need a month to month lease for sure.
Kevin
Troll,
ReplyDeleteI am with you. I can't remember such a "head-scratcher" of a trade.
Kevin
owner must of been drunk.
ReplyDelete