Actually, I applaud them for not bringing up Manny, which seems to be a knee-jerk reaction with broadcasters every time they mention the area inside the green wall.
Now, if they could only exercise the same restraint when seeing a Cubs fan. You don't have to mention how long it's been since they won a World Series EVERY time. The WHOLE WORLD KNOWS!
Actually, I applaud them for not bringing up Manny, which seems to be a knee-jerk reaction with broadcasters every time they mention the area inside the green wall.
ReplyDeleteNow, if they could only exercise the same restraint when seeing a Cubs fan. You don't have to mention how long it's been since they won a World Series EVERY time. The WHOLE WORLD KNOWS!
Good points.
ReplyDeleteI know that Dan O'Shaugnessy basically made a living off the Boston "Curse" thing for a while until they blew it for him by winning the World Series.
I wonder why an enterprising Chicago columnist doesn't do the same.