Monday, December 28, 2009

Alien encounter


I once knew a guy who believed in aliens. He was actually pretty normal in almost all respects but he believed that aliens had periodically visited Earth.

He read that Whitley Strieber "non-fiction" book, Communion about an alien abduction of the author and bought that story "hook, line and sinker". He thought it was "proof" of.......well something. He thought everybody else was crazy for not believing. That's ok. It is a free country. Again, a nice guy. Who knows. Maybe, he is right.

He was a pretty decent illustrator and hoped to be able to apply his skill as a commercial artist one day. I haven't heard from him in about 20 years though now that I think about it, I should probably do a Facebook search for him.

Anyway, I was going through some 2009 Goudeys and came across the Dave Concepcion card.

I think I know where my friend might be working now.

7 comments:

Mark Aubrey said...

Did you know that Dave Concepcion was born in Roswell, NM?

Contrary Guy said...

Ok, I am having a hard time confirming that through coventional sources but actually this makes sense.

In Roswell and Area 51, as you know all records of any kind including birth certificates have been destroyed by the government so to cleanse that area for undisturbed alien autopsies and the like.

The facts of Concepcion's birth are now a matter of folklore of which you are aware but I was not.

Mark, I am putting you on the payroll!

Contrary Guy said...

P.S. Computer Boy alerted me to your response and advised that he was unable to confirm the Roswell connection. I told him to read my response and think about it.

He did at which time he said "Good old Mark."

(I did explain that it is Mr. Aubrey to him though)

The Big Kahuna said...

Help us.... PLEASE. They're doing terrible things to us out here. First it was the anal probes. Then they tried to make us cross breed. The offspring looked like....Phyllis Diller for pete's sake! Now they sold our DNA to TOPPS for Pete's sake!

Contrary Guy said...

More proof!

Mark Aubrey said...

Proof has been proffered.

Contrary Guy said...

Mystery solved!