Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"Boom Boom"


"Out Go the Lights"

Thousands of Phillies fans made the trek to Nationals Park yesterday to see their Phillies clinch the NL East at the expense of the hometown Nats.

At the conclusion of the game and in no mood to host celebrating Phillies fans, Nats management did what any self-respecting team would do in this situation. They turned the lights off on them.

If I was the Nats, this is what I would have done.

Just before "blackout", I would play the Pat Travers song.

Then I would play "Fear of the Dark" by Iron Maiden. Like LOUD!

After five minutes, I would then play "Goodbye to You" by Scandal.

After another five minutes (no two!), I would turn the overhead sprinklers on.

Not in Kansas any more.

6 comments:

Mark Aubrey said...

Oh, oh. If it were in Kansas, I'd play "Dust in the Wind."

Contrary Guy said...

Those violins would put them to sleep.

They would never leave!

Mark Aubrey said...

Nice Dust in the Wind parody by Tim Hawkins.

Contrary Guy said...

That was an interesting collaboration of Spinal Tap guy and Jack Black with an afro.

Alex liked it too!

Spankee said...

Any reason to play Fear of the Dark is a good reason.

WV: dimit...wow, couldn't be more appropriate

(...Joe) said...

I would have played "I F***ing Hate You" by Godsmack. That's just me though...