Friday, June 21, 2013

Rick Sutcliffe


Born on today's date, Rick Sutcliffe.

"One day Rick Sutcliffe gave up back-to-back home runs in Cincinnati. In Cincinnati, they shoot off fireworks after a Red hits a home run. And Sutcliffe was pretty intense on the day he pitched. So Eric Davis takes him deep and Paul O'Neill takes hom deep right after that. So Sutcliffe is all pissed off and Billy Connors comes out to the mound and Sutcliffe yells at him, 'I know I gave up (bleeping) back-to-back home runs and get your (bleeping) ass back in the dugout and tell Zimmer to (bleeping) settle down there too. Billy looks at him and says, 'I know you have everything under control, Rick. I just wanted to give the guy running the fireworks a little time to reload.' I blew a snot bubble on the mound I was laughing so hard." - Mark Grace