Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Johnny Damon's agent says he will start working for him now


In an interview on SiriusXM radio, Johnny Damon's agent, Scott Boras had the following exchange with host, Jim Bowden.

Bowden: "What are his alternatives right now, Scott?"

Boras: "Well, I think the market now after Matt (Holliday) has signed and Jason Bay has signed is starting to come alive because obviously teams are, some of the teams that were interested in those players have been contacting us. And I am in the process right now of turning my attention to Johnny's situation."

Oh, brother, he's doing the mystery team thing again and now to cover his tracks because the market dried up on Damon with teams filling their needs while Boras was concentrating on Matt Holliday. If Boras doesn't represent Holliday, do you think he would let Damon sit with no activity? No way.

Oh well, I bet some team gets a bargain here.

Yep, that is steam coming off Johnny's head in that card.*

I would be pissed too.

*Yea, I know it would be better on a recent Yankee card but that is the only card I can find with a "steamy" head, ok?