Friday, June 25, 2010

Jay Sborz' brief career


I note that the Tigers optioned pitcher, Jay Sborz back to AAA Toledo after one pitching appearance in the major leagues.

Sborz made his major league debut Tuesday giving up five runs while getting two outs against the Mets. He also hit the first two batters that he faced in the major leagues.

Sborz' career ERA sits at 67.50.

I gotta believe that Sborz REALLY REALLY wants to get back with the Tigers to try and get that grotesque career ERA lowered (even in the twenties would look better) to a respectable number.

If not, he is going to have these types of conversations with his grandkids years down the line:

"Oh, yeah. You heard I played baseball. Well, yes I did but I also drove a truck, dug ditches, worked as a chimney sweep and all kinds of other stuff. I even rescued a kitten from a tree once."

No comments: