Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Yeah right! We believe you!



Tigers catcher Gerald Laird said he heard a "pop" emanating from Joel Zumaya's shoulder on his final pitch.

Sorry! Calling bs here!

He is 60 feet away! In a stadium with thousands of people no less.*

At least he did not say it sounded "like a gunshot".

*I was listening on the radio and didn't hear nuthin'.

POST SCRIPT - I see Zumaya has a non-displaced fracture of the olecranon (elbow). Actually I had that years ago due to a bike crash but a little worse as mine was a displaced (clean break) fracture. Obviously no two injuries are the same but for me excruciating pain for a day or two followed by general pain for 4-5 weeks. Back to normal in 8-10 weeks with therapy and no surgery for me. Did a triathlon during treatment as unfortunately I prepaid. In my discussion with the ortho doctor and him showing me the x-rays, there really is nothing to "pop". It is not that kind of injury. I think Gerald just wanted to talk.

2 comments:

John Sharp said...

I was watching on mlb.tv, and never saw it happen until a camera focused on Zumaya in pain. This is a shame, Zumaya was having a good year. I hope he recovers soon.

Contrary Guy said...

No doubt. Unfortunately, this is becoming a pattern.